We believe that unless children are empowered, their wellbeing is not complete. Buds of Christ works under the H.E.A.L strategy with a mission “to love, listen, learn and lead orphans and vulnerable children to live life positively and with dignity and be children of hope and courage to their peers and to their community”
Health: We influence the care and social conditions of the child living with HIV towards better health
We do this by
- Counseling children, adolescents and youth
- Forming support groups for children without parents and children living with HIV
- Regular Home Visits for families of children living with HIV
- Ensuring treatment and follow-up care for children living with HIV
- Facilitating emergency support for medical care, and nutrition support
Education: Buds of Christ encourages children to pursue their education to improve their condition
We do this by
- Supporting school and graduation needs of orphan children particularly orphan girls
- Impart Life Skills Education for young people on decision making, goal setting, problem solving, coping with emotions and handling peer pressure
- Conducting spoken English and computer classes
We do this by :
- Creating awareness campaigns at schools and colleges on child protection challenges and prevention of child marriages, child sexual abuses and exploitations.
- Supporting young people living with HIV who actively advocate on issues faced by them and their families particularly on stigma and discrimination and violation of their rights at the district, state and national level.
- Supporting young people in villages who advocate on issues around child abuse, child marriages health of young people and HIV prevention and care.
Leadership & Livelihood Development: Buds of Christ aims to develop orphan youth as peer leaders and provide opportunities for economic development
- Identify young BUDS LEADERS and equip them to be effective LEADERS for CHANGE to their community through youth development programs and Buds Leadership Camps
- Provide opportunities for young orphans to implement Micro-Projects
- Train the youth in vocational trainings and social entrepreneurship