We believe that unless children are empowered, their wellbeing is not complete. Buds of Christ works under the H.E.A.L strategy with a mission “to love, listen, learn and lead orphans and vulnerable children to live life positively and with dignity and be children of hope and courage to their peers and to their community”
Health: We influence the care and social conditions of the child living with HIV towards better health
We do this by
- Counseling children, adolescents and youth
- Forming support groups for children without parents and children living with HIV
- Regular Home Visits for families of children living with HIV
- Ensuring treatment and follow-up care for children living with HIV
- Facilitating emergency support for medical care, and nutrition support
Education: Buds of Christ encourages children to pursue their education to improve their condition
We do this by
- Supporting school and graduation needs of orphan children particularly orphan girls
- Impart Life Skills Education for young people on decision making, goal setting, problem solving, coping with emotions and handling peer pressure
- Conducting spoken English and computer classes
We do this by :
- Creating awareness at schools and colleges on issues affecting young people
- Supporting Vetri Kootam represented by young people living with HIV who actively advocate on issues faced by them and their families at the district, state and national level.
- Supporting Changemakers represented by young people in villages who advocate on issues around child abuse, health of young people and HIV prevention and care.
Leadership Development: Buds of Christ aims to develop orphan youth as peer leaders
- Organising regular youth development programs
- Organising BUDS N COLORS - Youth Leadership Camp during summer holidays
- Provide opportunities for young orphans to implement Micro-Projects like awareness, trainings, support group meetings.